Maxscript: Biped Constraint
A downloadable maxscript
This is a maxscript (written for 3ds Max 2016) that I use to rig humanoid rigs, such as those created by Character Creator 3, to a 3ds max biped for animation purposes.
This is a work in progress script, this being version 3. Eventually, I'll be uploading more detailed documentation, but for now, I'm releasing the script here. Feel free to comment or start a discussion if you are having issues with it. Feedback is appreciated and will be taken into consideration for future updates.
There will now be tutorials provided here.
- Small bug fix addressing one of the helper objects not being created.
- Updated how hands are aligned for more accuracy.
- Updated the population wizard to be more clear and include nub selection
- Updated the helper system. Helpers can be deleted so they only some can be used instead of forcing all of them
- Rearranged some buttons and removed the Rotation Setup button.
- Included a tutorial link for version 3.3.0
- When using the bone wizard, pressing right-click will enter the children of the selected object without progressing what biped bone you are trying to define.
- Added a header that indicates which version the user is using
- Due to the increased interest in the animation recording tool, I removed a try-catch statement so users can get more details error information if the tool fails.
- Note: This tool was build with 3ds Max 2016, so using it in different versions may yield different results.
- Additional Note: Animation recording was made with short animations in mind; animations over 100 frames, especially when recording every frame, can take some time.
- Fixed a bug where recording the entire animation did not work.
- Added the functionality to adjust which frames are used when recording (every frame, every others, every third, etc.)
- More warning messages as opposed to just locking out them window when making a mistake
- When doing the final constraint, the root uses a Link Constraint instead of being a child of the temp rig, thus preserving the originally hierarchy better
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
In order to download this maxscript you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files: